Below is guidance for “end-of-the-study” transitions. For additional help, review our Support Articles or submit a ticket with our friendly Support Agents by clicking the “Need Help?” button on any page in the website.
See the Support article here: Member - End of Study Year
For Leaders: Replace or Release
God calls leaders in and He calls them out at just the right time. OTs and AOTs work closely with their OGLs to identify a replacement leader for the group. Sometimes, there is no replacement. In that case, the group members are released to choose a new group for the next study. What a great opportunity to learn from and be encouraged by a new group of people from all over the world!
Important things to Know:
- During this process, the group is made “Private” so no new member can join until the replacement is found.
- The OGL communicates their plans and introduces their replacement to the group before the end of the study year.
- There must be a leader on a group in order for that group to remain active in the database. Do not remove the OGL until you have a replacement or until you have released the members.
Replace Group Leader
- OTs and AOTs follow the process in the “Identifying and Onboarding OGLs” guide. This guide is located in the BSF Online Additional Resources DropBox and has been added to the June release of the OT/AOT manual as well as the OGL Manual.
- Be careful to follow the OGL replacement process before removing a leader from their role. Reference this article for more information: OT/AOT - Place a Replacement Online Group Leader
Release Group Members
- Any group without a replacement leader belongs to the OT and AOT as the shepherds of the online class.
- You may release the group members at any time.
- We recommend that you do not hold group members past July 1st so that members can choose a new group before the new study.
- Please notify group members before removing them from the group and assist them with instructions on how to find a new group: Find a Group
- After removing all group members from the group, you can follow the instructions in this article to remove the OGL from the group: OT/AOT - Remove an Online Group Leader
OTs and AOTs
Please work with your OAP on the timing and process of these role changes.
For new and replacement OTs and AOTs:
1. Follow the process outlined in the OAP Manual to identify and onboard these new leaders.
2. After the leader is approved, complete the OAP OT AOT Change Request Form found on your BSF Online Helps and Resources page.
3. HQ will make the role changes according to the dates you specific in the form.
For outgoing OTs and AOTs:
1. OTs: DO NOT remove outgoing OTs. HQ must do this in conjunction with placing the incoming OT to maintain the class integrity.
2. AOTs: may be removed from the OLM by OAP or OT. Change their role to Online Member by using Users Management. This allows them to join a group or move to another BSF leadership role.