Note: During this AOT recommendation process there may be some references to ‘OGL’ on bsfonline.org when it should say ‘AOT’. We apologize for any confusion this may cause, as currently the same procedure is used to recommend OGLs and AOTs.
- Please make sure the individual you would like to recommend has created a BSF Online account here: Create BSF Online Account
- From the home page, login to your account
- Select ‘Apply & Recommend’ under the Navigation menu, Account > Apply & Recommend
- Scroll down to the bottom left-hand side of the page and select the blue ‘Recommendation Form’ button
- For a faster search by the system, use the ‘Keyword Search’ with the individual’s name or email
- Select ‘Apply Filters’ to search
- Select the ‘+’ button corresponding to the individual that you want to recommend
- Select ‘Yes’ that you would like to recommend this person
- Fill out the required fields as noted with an asterisk, *, and the rest of the fields to the best of your ability – you may need to ask the candidate for their information
Note: Currently you cannot change the ‘Recommended Position’ from ‘Online Group Leader’
- Select the box to acknowledge “I've confirmed that all information entered is correct.”
- Select ‘Submit Recommendation’
- The AOT candidate will receive an email notification of their recommendation which will direct them to bsfonline.org to fill out their Leadership Application
As the recommending leader, you can follow the candidates that you recommend at the bottom of the ‘Apply & Recommend’ page under the ‘Recommendation History’ section. There you will see the candidate’s application status: ‘Recommended’, ‘Submitted’, ‘Reviewing’, ‘Approved’, ‘Not Approved’ and ‘Withdrawn’.
Important! These instructions are only necessary if the Assistant Online Trainer (AOT) candidate is not already an Online Group Leader (OGL). If the AOT candidate is already an OGL and you have worked with your Online Area Personnel (OAP) to identify them, please reference this article for next steps: OAP/OT - Add an Assistant Online Trainer