Note: The following instructions are for current BSF Online Leaders (OGLs, OTs and AOTs) to recommend Online Group Leaders through the bsfonline.org website. In-person (or local) leaders should recommend Online Group Leaders by following the instructions provided in the March 2021 AP/Class Staff Bulletin.
- Please make sure the individual you would like to recommend has created a BSF Online account here: Create BSF Online Account
- From the home page, login to your account
- Select ‘Apply & Recommend’ under the Navigation menu, Account > Apply & Recommend
- Scroll down to the bottom left-hand side of the page and select the blue ‘Recommendation Form’ button
- For a faster search by the system, use the ‘Keyword Search’ with the individual’s name or email
- Select ‘Apply Filters’ to search
- Select the ‘+’ button corresponding to the individual that you want to recommend
- Select ‘Yes’ that you would like to recommend this person
- Fill out the required fields as noted with an asterisk, *, and the rest of the fields to the best of your ability – you may need to ask the candidate for their information
- Select the box to acknowledge “I've confirmed that all information entered is correct.”
- Select ‘Submit Recommendation’
- The OGL candidate will receive an email notification of their recommendation which will direct them to bsfonline.org to fill out their Leadership Application
As the recommending leader, you can follow the candidates that you recommend at the bottom of the ‘Apply & Recommend’ page under the ‘Recommendation History’ section. There you will see the candidate’s application status: ‘Recommended’, ‘Submitted’, ‘Reviewing’, ‘Approved’, ‘Not Approved’ and ‘Withdrawn’.